The Eternal Quest 2(~

Missed the Bluegrass Session in Hamburg last friday because of Daisy. Instead I tried a new setup for my Saga.
Broyges Tants
Now it´s a Renaissance head with nylgut strings. I even (tried to) tune the head to Bb. The sound is best to me with a pillow inside the head. I use a Fred Kelly pick on my frailing finger (still the nail issue). With pillow I avoid the ringing resonance and achieve a sound which to me is old timey enough - for the time being.
Unfortunately the frailing feeling differs from that with steel strings. Nylgut is a lot softer.
Let´s see what comes next...
Btw: Montag ist wieder Folk Session im Statt-Café.

Kommentare

Unknown hat gesagt…
Do you use a goose down feather pillow, a pure cotton one, or a synthetic fill. Is it hypoalergeisic? I think the Adirondak old time fraillers used chewin tabacco and pig bristles in thier mufflers but the exact ratios are a well-kept secret. Kin only. The question is, Wolfgang, how far are you willing to go? Marrying into the clan may be the only way.....Maybe you know a good divorce lawyer or better yet, a judge!!!! Be well, my friend!
Wolfgang hat gesagt…
Yanni, how far would I go?
I would marry the elder sister of this little boy in "Deliverance" to get the holy grail ;-)
Till then I keep my hypoallergic synthetic filled comfort cushion with laces and a blue moon (yes, blue moon) on top of it.
Bamp dat-ta!
Unknown hat gesagt…
A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do..I wash you calm seas and following winds on your quest Captain Ahab.

P.S. I'm hoping for an invite to the nuptuals if you decide to go that way (and she'll have you). Been practising The Wedding March and "Broygens Tants" for the ocasion!!