Had a go at it

Chris´Soldier´s Joy really is hard stuff. If that´s the way they play old time music in Virginia, I will take the emergency lane and let them take the fast lane. I must confess I thought of downgrading his terrible speed with audacity. But no cheating! Here is how we duet over the big pond: Soldier´s Joy as fast as I could.

PS
Chris, please don´t tell me you slowed down just for me. That would kill me :-)))
As it would take months for me to learn the exact phrases you use - and at the same time follow your speed - I just played my stuff. Hope you like it anyway.

PPS
These are nylon strings on my Saga banjo.

Kommentare

chris via hat gesagt…
Sounded good. Its tough to match styles sometimes, but its fun anyway. I'll post a video of the same version on the banjo sometime soon.