No Banjo

During this years holidays in Paleochora, Crete, I refrained from taking the banjo with me. Hate the extra fee for heavy luggage. Instead I took the Ukelele to practice some of the chords I will need in Dublin. And there is a great advantage to the Uke: It´s quiet.

But as in most of the other years, I witnessed the highlight of Paleochoran holidays in October: Rempetiko concert of the band ANDROMEDA in the vegetarian restaurant THIRD EYE. Vegetarian food may not be typically greek, but ANDROMEDA´s music really is. I will upload one or two videos as soon as possible. Unfortunately I didn't record the awful voice of the woman who is a member of the band since years and really can drive you to tears through her singing - like the old rembetes could.
For further reverence try to watch the movie "Rembetiko" by Costas Ferris.
Hopefully I can cover that woman´s singing next year in Paleochora.

Kommentare