Transcontinental Jam Session Revisited

Some weeks ago Neil sent me his recording of the Wreck of the Old 97 as an mp3-file. It is pure wonderful banjo frailing. But it turned out to be difficult to combine it with my guitar-mp3 which I had made before (see post on May 18th). I found it kind of difficult to match them properly. So I postponed the task for a while - and asked Pat how I could manage this. He sent me some good advice: I had to open the first mp3 with audacity, then import the second mp3 and afterwards take the tool in the left above corner at audacity which looks like two arrows to match the two tracks.
Thank you very much, Pat.
Nevertheless its not as easy as it sounds but I think I (nearly?) succeeded now. I´d welcome some vocals to this! Anyone has the guts?

When continuing the "Transatlantic Jam Session" it seems to be the easiest way that everyone who records a piece to an existing file combines the two tracks ("export to mp3") after recording and then sends it to the other guys (or gals? ;-) to continue.
Thus we avoid the afterwork trying to match the tracks.

So come on, jump in to the Transcontinental Jam Session and send some files. I can publish them here so that everyone can use ´em as a framework for his/her own recordings.

Hasn´t there been an announcement for an extra track to Carrickfergus?
We all are waiting for it

Kommentare