Helláda, agápi mou

Once upon a time, when my mind and soul wasn´t filled up with banjos and anglo-american folk music, I had - and in fact I still have - a passion for Greece, it´s people, it´s landscapes, it´s architecture, it´s food, it´s language - and it´s music.
One of the most well-known dances in Greece is the "dance of the girl Evdokía". I think no Greek can hear this tune without at least clapping his hands to the 9/8-rhythm. Bum-ba ba-bum ba, bum-ba ba-bum ba-ba.
Just now I stumbled across a mp3-file which I recorded about one year ago sitting in my living room, playing the percussion set (mp3 from the internet) through the hifi-rack, picking my bouzouki live and recorded both in one with a microphone and a minidisc recorder. It was before I knew how to use my PC with Audacity to record music ;-)
I combined it with a slide show of some photographs (which I took during several journeys to Greece) and uploaded it to youtube.

Have fun with the "Zeimpékiko Tis Evdokías":

Kommentare

Anonym hat gesagt…
I was totally mesmerised, listening to this - it sounds great and I really love the 'beat'! The photos are super, too - I can see why you like it there! I especially enjoyed seeing the pictures of the cats, being a cat owner myself! Thanks for sharing this.