Software Wanted

Since years I use "Audacity" to record my banjo playing (usually to disclose my mistakes and to become despair of them ...). But every now and then Audacity doesn´t work because either Windows made some update or the hardware on my PC changed or whatever. It´s really annoying to then change it´s settings again and again - without even knowing what e.g. "Host: Windows WASAPI" means. These names all sound greek to me. So I usually change one setting after the other and after every changing I try the recording and the playing again, trial and error. Sometime I find out a movable way, mostly without effect - or coming to the result that nothing works any more. I am so fed up with Windows.
But as I don´t want to change my running system (my other programs are working with Windows10)  I now came to the point to look for another recording software.
Here´s what I usually did with Audacity:

  • Recording mp3-files or just music which is running on the computer (like Youtube or whatever).
  • Playing the newly recorded mp3 with "Winamp" plus "Pacemaker" in different tempo and/or different pitch (thus adjusting it to the key I learned to play the tune).
  • And most important: Recording my banjo playing with my ZoomH2
  • or playing an mp3 in the background and me joining in in the foreground (or vice versa) recording me with my ZoomH2. This worked every now and then through "overdubbing" with Audacity. 
Here is my cry for help to the one or two dear true followers of this blog:

Could you please recommend an alternative for Audacity? Easy to use and reliable?
(Freeware or cheap payware prefered)

Kommentare