M. J. Miles Again

After the last days frustration because of the date for the Newcastle retreat (frustration was enhanced by an influenzal infection), I thought I could frail the sorrow away by trying one of the tunes in Michael J. Miles tablature book "Counterpoint". The CD and the book are a real bonanza for wonderful tunes. He writes, that learning "The Wind that Shakes the Barley" made him a banjo player forever. Although I started with Cripple Creek, I love his way of clawhammering the banjo and thought I could publish it as a contribution for the Transcontinental Jam Session (which seems to have lapsed so far). Any instruments welcome. Its just an ordinary C F G chord progression.
The banjo is tuned in double C (gCGCD´). Feel free to join "The Wind that Shakes the Barley".

Kommentare