Michael J. Miles

Anoybody knows this banjo player? I didn´t before long, when Blacky, a frailer from Kiel, gave me the CD "The Magic Banjo". It really is magic! There are lots of beautiful tunes (and songs) on it. Amongst them a traditional called "De Schottische". I have no idea why it´s got a name which nearly looks German. I could not help but trying this wonderful piece (hoping not to destroy it with my "skills"). I know there are some mistakes in it and I´ll try to hit the fifth string a bit more often but softer next time. Well, I´m learning. But I thought this tune is worth being introduced to you, my dear listener. Just try to make it better.
De Schottische

Kommentare

Dick hat gesagt…
Hi Wolfgang,
A Schottische is a dance often performed here in the land where men wear frocks and sheep live in fear. ;)
Wolfgang hat gesagt…
I thought of this, but why is it written with sch and sch instead of sc and sh? Did the sheep puzzle the name giver? And the original is called "Suite De Schottische". "De" isn´t scottish, is it? Maybe sheepish?