"What is the date for the Kiel Retreat?"


Well, I thought about this before.
There is a house (see above) near the sea at the outskirts of Kiel which offers bunk-beds, kitchen, two (or three?) rooms where we could make music. We would do our own cooking etc (or we order the pizza sevice). Not comparable to our comfortable home in Sheffield, but we would have a house of our own. (No draught beer though, only six-packs :-). There are rooms with three bunks and six bunks (details on the plan at the Villa´s site). Sleeping bags advised.
We could rent this house during a weekend in September from Friday night till Sunday, i.e. September 18th to 20th the upcoming year (no other spare times there). Costs will be shared per capita.
I think I could organize some sort of shuttle service for a few people to and fro the Hamburg airport (one hour drive).
The only question is:
Will there be enough participants?
Including me I count on three to five Germans (maybe more, but insecure) but I´m not sure if this is interesting enough for the UK (and Spanish and others) Folkies to make such a journey.
Think it over, folks, and either send me an email if you would like to join in or post a comment. So far there is no obligation, just counting the prospective participants.
I would be happy to see the UK-Spanish-Irish-US Folkies again and hopefully some others too - and could make a reservation for a closet in case Fred from Baltimore drops in :-)

Kommentare

Anonym hat gesagt…
Hallo Wolfgang,

auch wenn es nur um die Ecke ist - aber ich bin dabei!

Gruß

thorsten