Editing Movie Clips

I wanted to upload a movie clip to youtube. My camera makes *.mov - files. Usually Youtube accepts mov, but this file seems to be too large, the upload doesn´t work. I would like to cut the file and upload just a part of it, but don´t know how to do the cutting. Moviemaker doesn´t accept mov-files, and changing the mov-file to another format didn´t work with the different tools I downloaded.
Does anybody in the whole wide world know how to edit mov-files USING FREEWARE? Is the only way to transform it to another format and then work on it with Moviemaker? Can I cut the file into pieces with Moviemaker?
Any help is very welcome.
As a reward I promise to upload part of the Greek movie I did on Crete.
Or would this refrain you from helping me? :-)

Kommentare

Anonym hat gesagt…
Patrick sent me the answer:
"The easiest thing to do would be to use a program called Format
Factory to convert your .mov files into .wmv. Once you do that you can
edit the files with Windows Movie Maker.
You can download Format Factory from this URL: http://www.formatoz.com/
The program even has German language support!"

It worked! Muchas Gracias, Patrick!
Wolfgang