Wreck of the Zoom H2 ?

Till the day before yesterday I was happy with my handy recorder. Then I bought a 2 GigaByte SD-Card. The manual says, the recorder works with 2 GB-cards.
So I wanted to record a concert of classical guitarists (among them my daughter! pride, pride) (joined by percussion, as you will realize). I thought of recording the whole concert and afterwards editing the music to publish one or two pieces here.
BUT: the %&$§?*# thing didn´t work. After about 2 minutes the recording stopped saying: "Card is full".
Nonsense, it should have lasted 33 hours with this card (and settings to "mp3, 128 kbps"). But their was no more space on it.
I thought of some mistake on the card. But when I put it into the card reader of my compute at home, Windows told me, that there were more than 1,8 GB free space on the card.
So the Zoom H2 couldn´t read or write this card.
Anybody knows what to do next?

Here is my only recording of this evening: "Irish Washerwoman", played by 20 young guitarists and one percussionist. It was performed in a hall with a sound like in a church, so the quality of the recording is not fine, sorry for that. But father´s pride overwhelms it all ;-)

Kommentare

Anonym hat gesagt…
Sorry to hear about the H2! Mine had a problem with the card that came with it, it would add these digital pops to anything recorded on it. So I bought a new SandDisk 2gb card and it works great.

Not sure that is much help for you, but I had read that it does of some problems with certain cards and I know the SanDisk one is on the good list.

-Neil