Transatlantic Wreck

Way back then, when I first managed to frail three chords in a row I always wanted to find someone who could accompany my practicing on guitar - but didn´t find any.
Not even in the internet I could find mp3-files with just one instrument for which I could play the accompaniment.
Now thinking of the Transatlantic movement ( so to speak) I had the idea to record my 10 string

for those who would like to accompany it with their banjo.
As I know that I'm always tending to become faster while playing, I took my earphones and switched them to a metronome which I set at 110 bpm. So my playing is - more or less - this speed.
Here is "The Wreck of the Old 97". Anyone may play - and sing - to it.
You may find lyrics and chords here.
I would be very happy, if you could record your playing (Audacity) and send me your mp3 or publish it in the internet.
Have fun!
If 110 bmp is too slow for you, you may use winamp with PaceMaker as a plug-in. Thus you can change the speed without altering the pitch.

Kommentare

Anonym hat gesagt…
I'm sure you know this, but Audacity also has a plugin for changing tempo without changing pitch (or vice versa, for that matter).
Wolfgang hat gesagt…
Thank you for this addition. I didn´t know it when I first recorded the Wreck.
And of course it is a good speed training to use the metronome with different tempos.