Back Home

After a family holiday in the "Wendland" we´re home again. We did some biking, watching, listening and cake eating at the "Kulturelle Landpartie". See my photos on flickr.
There were apple trees in full blossom, blue sky, artworks of every kind (from photographs to paintings to sculptures to wood carving to pottery to music). Yes, even music. Amongst others we enjoyed very much the klezmer band "A Glezele Vayn".
And I attended a harp workshop. No, not bluesharp, but celtic harp. Three visitors including me (there were bigger groups too, we just were lucky) were taught the very basic of harp playing by Thomas Breckenheimer.
We started with "Alle meine Entchen" (German childrens song), then did a song about apple blossoms (a German traditional which I didn´t know till then) and ended up with "Mairi´s Wedding", a Scottish song. Unbelievable that it was possible for me to play (with mistakes but play) songs on this instrument which had about 30 strings. But as the C is red, the F black and the pentatonic notes are just uncolored, there´s is a good system in it.
Nevertheless I´ll stick to guitar and banjo.
And when I was at home, I found an email by Pat from Maryland (No, not Crisfield. The other Pat).

Kommentare