JSBach

Clawhammer banjo may not be the born instrument for Bach´s music. But I love it anyway - both his music and my banjo. Now during Corona-times I thought to have time enough for practicing. Well, you never practice enough. But I now reached a point when my newest try on Bach seems to be (almost) ready. - and practicing more could mean mental cruelty to my cohabitant. I´m afraid this is all I can achieve. 
I always was fascinated by the famous Bourrée in E-Minor. Everybody knows it. It almost became lift music ;-) To play it in clawhammer style is not so absurd as it may seem because it´s lots of 8th-notes which lie so close together that some drop thumping should manage it. So I wrote the tablature with TablEdit following the notes I kept in my drawer since long (which were written for guitar). It took me some time as TablEdit really has some tricky points - but it worked. And then I had to spend hours and hours practicing the drop-thumbs, open pull-offs and all that favorite stuff.   
Finally I added the bass line from the guitar notes as an extra page in TablEdit so that the Midi file could accompany my playing  (I didn't have a bass player at hand ;-)
And here is the result:

Kommentare