Gainsborough Review

Fans of the "real" American Oldtime Music shouldn´t miss it. The Gainsborough festival every year hosts many accomplished fiddlers, banjo-players - and even cloggers. This year I attended workshops hosted by Richie Stearns, Bertram Levy("When I was in my 20s, I was on fire to learn the music from those old guys. Now I am one."), Uncle Henry´s Favorites and others. And what I loved most: There were lots of small sessions in the classrooms. So I could find several folks playing the music I love and even letting me join in with my banjo. Lots of fun!!! Thanks a lot to the guys from FOAOTMAD who organized the festival as good as always. 

Here is Bertram Levy and his daughter Madeline performing at the end of the workshop:



 

And like every year on Sunday afternoon some people met at "The Ship Inn" for an after-festival-session:




Kommentare