Mandolin and Slide Guitar Wanted

A few days ago I stumbled over an old Leonard Cohen song: Bird on the wire. It´s from the 1969 album "Songs from a Room" and I remember having heard (and loved ) it when I was a student.
Today I could not help but giving it a try. At certain moments my voice is not really finding the right note (too high for me?). But I think our Transcontinental Jam Session could add some more instruments as mando and slide guitar. Please play a little louder at the - well, let´s say - "strange" moments of my singing and by such cover the wrong notes...
Although the original song is in A I play it in G. Mine is in 4/4. Didn´t L.C. play it in 3/4? But Willie Nelson (on the CD "Tower of Songs") definetly uses 4/4 so I chose this way too. Bird on the Wire with guitar and banjo.
I really would love to hear some mandolin and slide guitar to it.

Kommentare

prebird hat gesagt…
Moin Wolfgang, der link reicht leider nur nur bis zur Box.net frontpage. :-(
Lässt sich da was machen? Hätte Lust!!