Anybody else going to the OTHER retreat?

The CBR (Crisfield BAHA Retreat) understandably is of great attraction to all of us. As it coincides with the Kiel retreat more and more cancellations of the Kiel meeting arrive. Just got one more. Now we are less than ten applicants left. Hopefully there will be some guys from around Kiel who will join us. But the "artists in resident" will be the backbone of the retreat. And they will bear the financial costs. The fewer we are, the more each one will have to pay (well, of course the costs are not very high). We could need some more participants!
So give your heart a nudge, dear reader. (Almost) nothing aquivalents the fantastic view from our retreat´s place across the baltic sea (not even - let´s say - Jane´s Island Park).
It´s true, the Costello´s are missing here, but we could try an internet conference, huh?
And we definetly will sing some BAHA songs here too like "Ears in Heaven", "Dr. Niparcho, the Magic Dragon", "The Baltimore (Fire) Implant", "Driving to the Clinic of Baltimore", "Come On Let´s (Twist) Hear Again", "Take a Walk on the Sound Side".

(Nearly) last call for European/German frailers: Jump in, the water is warm!

Kommentare

Ahrensfeld hat gesagt…
Today I took a bath in the baltic sea right in front of the house, where the kiel-retreat will take place in september. It was really wonderful. A great place for a jam to happen! I'm looking forward to "our" retreat in kiel! It's my first retreat ever and I'm a little bit nervous at all. :)
Chris hat gesagt…
I have family commitments on this weekend in September, so unfortunately I cannot attend any retreats!

I was interested in your comment...

"but we could try an internet conference, huh?"

I guess it takes organisation, equipment & knowledge to arrange such a link up!

However I wanted to bring your attention to http://www.ustream.tv/ which is a service which enables live media streaming / broadcasting.

I'm still learning its capabilities - however it does look like basic multiway conferencing is possible. I suspect that unless there is a high speed connection that realtime conferencing (enabling realtime jamming!) would not be possible because of delays...

Maybe something to try from the comfort of our homes sometime?

Anyway I do wish you all the best for the retreat!
Daniel hat gesagt…
There's another service called Qik. The app turns your Nokia into a live webcam stream client. I'm gonna try it soon and let you know how it works...