My Baby Is Back

(Hopefully my family will not read this header, they would declare me insane - and they are right: banjo-insane)
Andreas did a wonderful job. He put in a new bone-nut, a compensated Grover bridge (like Patrick uses with the Somerset line) and he lowered the action. The baby sounds beautifully again.
Last week I got mail from Martin´s Musikkiste: The fiberskyn head has arrived. I ordered it because I hope this will change the sound of my Saga banjo more to the plunky side. I love the soft and mellow tone of old time banjos and as they´ve got mostly fiberskyn heads I´ll give it a try.
Let´s see what this will bring.

Kommentare

Ahrensfeld hat gesagt…
Dann steht deinem Wochenende in der Frailing-Metropole Hagen ja nichts mehr im Wege. Ich wünsche dir viel Spaß!

P.S. Vielleicht schaffen wir es ja im Mai mal, zusammen ein bisschen zu frailen. Würde mich freuen.
Wolfgang hat gesagt…
Ich melde mich nach Hagen bei Dir.
W.