Paleochora Goodbye

Holiday´s over :-(((
We were in Paleochora, Crete, and it was wonderful as ever.
The banjo surely is no genuine instrument there. But the idea of meeting Yannis there - "the headless frailer" from Patrick´s blog - pushed me to take my banjo to Greece. Yannis is a great guy and we had two jams there. The second one until after midnight :-) (Yanni: Our neighbours did talk to us the next day, so it wasn´t too bad for them, I think).
We even made some videos. Yannis posted them to youtube. You may have seen "Wolfgang and Julia" at Patrick´s blog. We also did "Worried Man Blues" but had to accelerate speed in the end of the song as our recording staff gave us signals, that the camera will not have enough recording space (or was it a problem with the batteries?) :-) Anyway: a little raki helped us to finish nearly in time.

Here is "Worried Bellies", performed by the "Pot Bellies Band" following the greek tradition of headless frailing:



Thanks a lot Yannis and P. for your good company!

Even more:
There is a video with me standing amidst the ruins of the old turkish castle in Paleochora, frailing the banjo and singing "O Kaimos" by Mikis Theodorakis - no raki involved, honestly.
But my computer crashed again so I cannot upload it now. Stay tuned, I will try it in a few days (unless friends of Greek music lapidate me because of desecrating this wonderful song with my banjo and my voice).

Kommentare

Dick hat gesagt…
Wolfgang! A pot belly - never!
Anonym hat gesagt…
The Worried Bellies was a great stroke of genius, my friend!!!

Good to hear you had a great trip!