Old Time Music

What do you need for American Old Time Music?
A Banjo of course.
But even more important (than this most important instrument of the western hemispere) is the fiddler. I learned that in Old Time Music it´s the fiddler who is the center of the band. Since long I wanted to play with a fiddler, but they are rare in Kiel.
Now Chris Via published some videos of his on youtube (he is also one of the Somerset Banjo builders.)
There I found the tune Betty Likkens, the tabs of which Cathy Moore put on her blog under the name Betsy Likens.
I extracted the audio track from Chris´ file with Audacity and added my banjo to it. He gave his permission to post this file (thank you, Chris).
Hope you enjoy.
By the way, it´s my Saga banjo with the new renaissance head.
PS:
Not renaissance. It´s a fiberskyn, sorry for that.

Kommentare